Progressive web apps are no longer considered an alternative to native mobile apps, instead they are evolving to becoming the de-facto way of building web apps.
Angular’s vision is to get to a point where every Angular application deployed to production is by default AOT compiled and is a PWA.
During the workshop participants will fork a regular Angular application and will go about converting it into a PWA. Some of the items we will learn during the workshop are:
- Toolset to improve your developer productivity while working with Angular.
- Leveraging Angular CLI and other core modules to build out a Minimum Viable PWA (MVP)
- Add mobile installable capabilities via manifest.
- Universal Rendering for the App shell.
- Offline caching for static and dynamic content.
- Setting up caching strategies between offline first and network first.
- UX guidelines & best practices for offline first apps.
- Adding Push notifications.
- Deploying to firebase.
- Allowing transactions in offline mode via background sync.